At the 13th convocation ceremony of VELS University (VISTAS) here, the finance minister said higher education is the highest priority of her government.
- The number of seats for MBBS seats have nearly doubled in the last 9 years which is nearly 87% spike.
- There are 1,113 universities in India, which is almost 53% more than what it was before 2014.
- Trade marks getting registered has increased from 70,000 per year to 2.5 lakh per year now.
- The number of government employments provided will increased to 10 lakh by 2024.
The public figures who were conferred with the prestigious Honoris Causa awards by the finance minister :–
– RS Munirathinam, Founder-Chairman, RMK Group of Institutions
– Girish Mathrubootham, Founder & CEO, Freshworks
– M Ramalingam, Professor, Department of Urology, Hindustan Hospital
– Anju Bobby George, Indian athlete and Vice-President of the Athletics Federation of India